Want My Look Fashion Show

9/15/2014

Hi Fashionista's,

New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center is officially done and I am a bit sad since I didn't find it overwhelming and exhausting like for some of my other blogger friends. I was more overwhelmed with my mommy duties and making sure my kids were set for school since these two major events always overlaps with one another during the first week of September. I am thankful and so happy I got to experience a few shows for fashion week and to meet great people along the way.  

On Wednesday September 10, I attended the Want My Look Fashion show. I was excited to get invited to this because it was a collaboration collection by designers Michael Costello, Lily Ghalici and Walter Mendez. Not only was it Michael Costello's designs but the fashion show was ranging at affordable prices that can be bought right off the runway. Want My Look is an online retail store that has sexy, chic, and trendy clothing for any occasion. Check out the website!

The Fashion Designers: Walter Mendez and Michael Costello

I liked how Walter Mendez used this beautiful blue color in his collection and of course lace! If you haven't known my style, I am all about lace in my looks. The little black dress with Walter Mendez is also super cute and my taste for a little black dress. I like skirts with volume and beautiful drape.

The middle dress was my favorite out of all the pieces Michael Costello show cased, since I can see myself wearing this. I love the volume of the skirt and how the sheer goes down the middle from the neckline down. It's not as exposed but show's some sexiness to the look.

Lily Ghalici's designs were super sexy, with snake skin prints, sheer, leather, fur and fitting dresses. I fell in love with the fur vests the most but my pictures came out blurry since I couldn't capture it with my camera. I was also excited with the adrenaline of the music and the crowd.



I also couldn't end this post without showing you my outfit I wore for the fashion show. I was going for a girly and boho chic look. I got so many compliments on my look, and was excited to share that my top was made by me. I tried to incorporate something I sewed into my looks so that I can also share my creations with everyone. The maxi skirt is from Forever 21, but I bought it through Posh Mark since I've been on a hunt for a lavender pleated maxi skirt. I was so excited to find it through Posh Mark since this skirt was from ages ago. I loved how it matched my floral crop top, it made my look loud and colorful yet sweet and girly.


Photo Credit of my outfit photo: Sarah Vega from sarahvega.com

Top: Designed by me 
Skirt: Forever 21 bought off PoshMark // similar here  or here
Bag: Shoe Dazzle // alternative here, super cute here
Necklace: Wal Mart 

Thank you for reading!

Fashionably Your's,
Rhea






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form